Steeped in history and grandeur, Kinross House and its fabulous country estate setting undoubtedly provides one of Scotland’s finest destinations, a unique and regal place of unparalleled beauty. The estate comprises over 100 acres of formal gardens, woodland and also includes Loch Leven Castle Island. The estate sits on the banks of the beautiful Loch Leven, the largest loch in the Scottish lowlands and now cited as a national nature reserve, yet the location is only 40 minutes from Edinburgh.
Kinross House has a magnificent history, designed by Sir William Bruce and dating back to 1685. The house is the first, and most important, neoclassical Palladian mansion built in Scotland, considered to be Sir William Bruce’s greatest masterpiece. The island has many important historical links, with Mary Queen of Scots suffering imprisonment on the island for almost a year in the 16th century.
This is an estate ideally suited to host the ultimate private rental gathering, whether it be for a family vacation, celebratory occasion or indeed a high end incentive trip.
The estate offers the option to rent Kinross House with 14 bedrooms, or you can add a further 10 bedrooms in the Coach House to provide a total of 24 bedrooms across the estate, sleeping up to 48 guests.
The moment you step into Kinross House you will be struck by the beautiful original features, columns and stone floors, all further enhanced by detailed restoration and classically designed enhancements. The fabulous formal reception rooms are linked to create a seamless space for lavish entertainment, from the Dining Room, through to the Garden Room, the Gentlemen’s Drawing Room and then into the Ladies' Drawing Room. All rooms boast stunning views of the beautiful gardens, Loch Leven and the hills beyond.
A buyout of Kinross House itself includes accommodation in 14 bedrooms for up to 28 guests. The house is ideally suited to host residential gatherings, parties and meetings for up to 28. Small, elegant dinner parties can be held in The Dining Room for up to 34, while banquets for up 90 can occasionally be staged in the majestic Grand Salon.
The spectacular gardens also provide many areas suitable for wonderful marquee events for up to 450. The intimate yet splendid setting of Kinross House offers an unparalleled gourmet experience, catering for guests individually, depending on their every need and is perfect for both informal and formal dinners and functions.
THE COACH HOUSE & SPA
Extensive refurbishment of the charming and historic stable buildings was completed in 2015. The Coach House comprises a dramatic double height Dining Hall for up to 60 guests, a striking tartan library bar, a picturesque courtyard garden, walled kitchen garden and a further 10 delightful bedrooms for up to 20 guests.
The Coach House also offers a small and intimate boutique Day Spa complete with 3 treatment rooms, nail bar, hydrotherapy pool, sauna and relaxation areas for guests to enjoy.
KINROSS HOUSE ESTATE FACILITIES AT A GLANCE
- Built in 1685, designed by Sir William Bruce
- 35 minutes from Edinburgh airport
- 100 acre estate with beautiful gardens and woodland
- The estates includes Castle Island on Loch Leven with its links to Mary Queen of Scots
- 14 double bedrooms (two can be twinned)
- Magnificent public rooms overlooking the loch
- Private dining for up to 90
- Series of smaller meeting rooms
- Whisky Room and Billiards Room
- Small gym facility
- Marquees for up to 450 (several different site options)
- Estate grounds suitable for many sporting pursuits including clay pigeon shooting, archery, falconry and Highland games
- Opportunity to visit Loch Leven Castle
- Boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and paddle-boarding on Loch Leven
- Helicopter landing pad
COACH HOUSE & SPA
- Built in 1680 – the original historic stables courtyard
- 10 double bedrooms
- Private dining for up to 60 in a dramatic double height Dining Hall with ceiling mural
- Courtyard area, perfect for barbeques and drinks
- Tartan Library Bar with split mezzanine level
- Marquees for up to 200 (either in the adjoining gardens or in the sheltered courtyard area)
- Boutique Day Spa with three treatment rooms, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, relaxation room, The Tartan Bar snug and outdoor courtyard seating
- Walled kitchen garden with Glass House
Kinross House Estate sits on the west shores of Loch Leven in this most inspiring of Scottish locations. You will feel like you are a million miles away from daily life, yet Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, is only 40 minutes away, and Edinburgh Airport (EDI) can be reached in just 30 minutes.
The historic seaside town of St. Andrews and the picturesque Fife coastal drive is only some 45 minutes away, and Glasgow about 60 minutes away. Heading north, the town of Perth is just 25 minutes drive, and just beyond are many stunning drives into the glorious Perthshire landscape with an abundance of activities and things to do to keep everyone entertained.
The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is T7077. We are a member of the Travel Trust Association U1373. Please see our booking conditions for more information. Hurlingham Travel® Hurlingham Travel Services® are registered trade marks of Hurlingham Travel Services Limited.
Website designed & powered by Hurlingham Travel