Introduction and background
The purpose of this policy is to outline how Hurlingham Travel Services Limited has established measures to protect your privacy and information rights.
We recognise that you have rights as a customer, and that we have an obligation to uphold these.
This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
- How we collect and process your information
- Why we do this
- How you can exercise your rights
- Who to contact in the event you’re unhappy with our performance.
Depending on why we have collected your information, your information rights could include:
- Right to be informed: This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
- Right to erasure: You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason us to continue processing
Information we collect
Please find below a summary of the information we collect and how we use this to deliver services to you.
- Bookings and Reservations: We process names and addresses for the purpose of contractual obligations and facilitating the booking process. The data is shared with the relevant service (Airline, Hotel, Tour Company). We store the data for 6 - 7 years to comply with HMRC request to keep financial data in case of inspection regarding VAT or Coporation Tax. The data is stored in a database.
- Bookings and Reservations: We process passport details for the purpose of contractual obligations to complete bookings with airlines. These details are kept breifly in hard copy but we do not store these details in digital format.
- Bookings and Reservations: We process credit card details and keep briefly as hard copy. We do not store credit card details in digital format.
- Marketing: We don't do any direct marketing. So we don't don't process your data for that purpose. In addition we don't sell the data.
Further information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/