As guests step aboard British Pullman, a Belmond Train, a sister train to the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, a Belmond Train, they are transported to the golden age of train travel - a world of pure indulgence.
The train journeys through stunning scenery to destinations all over Britain as champagne flows and liveried stewards serve gourmet cuisine. Glamour, fun and a dash of adventure are to be expected on a selection of journeys including day excursions to cities, country houses and sporting events, or on our annual Cornwall Weekend escape.
AT A GLANCE
THE TRAIN 11 beautifully restored original Pullman carriages each seating between 20 and 26 at tables of 2, 3 and 4
DINING Fine dining and silver service are a highlight of every trip
DESTINATIONS Departs from London Victoria station to UK destinations including stately homes, gardens and sporting events
JOURNEYS Great British day trips, fine-dining journeys, Christmas lunches and day trips, and the annual weekend escape to Cornwall
- Expertly planned itineraries compliment the magnificent train experience with superb offboard excursions including Blenheim Palace, Chatsworth House and Glorious Goodwood
- Fine-dining journeys feature exquisite dishes made from locally sourced ingredients and served by onboard stewards
- Guests looking for extra levels of luxury can hire a private coupé seating up to four, and can include a bottle of champagne, flowers or gifts to be waiting at their table when they board
- On selected journeys the train is hauled by a steam locomotive, blending perfectly with vintage carriages to create a truly nostalgic day out
- Christmas journeys are a highlight of every year aboard British Pullman, with a selection of festive lunches, or visits to Christmas markets and carol events to choose from
- A trip aboard British Pullman can be combined with a stay at the enchanting Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, a Belmond Hotel, Oxfordshire, the countryside manor of Chef Patron Raymond Blanc OBE
Honouring George Mortimer Pullman, the father of luxury train travel, the Pullman carriages are the height of luxury. Each is individually named with a unique story to tell.
The British royal family has used some extensively. Others have carried luminaries including President de Gaulle and Nikita Khrushchev, and two formed part of Winston Churchill’s funeral train.
The oldest carriage, Ibis, dates back to 1925. Others like Audrey and Vera survived bomb damage during air raids over London's Victoria Station in 1940, and shrapnel can still be found embedded in the marquetry today.
Dining aboard British Pullman is always an indulgent event. From decadent lunches to glamorous black-tie dinners, liveried stewards provide exceptional silver service straight to your table.
Menus feature the finest seasonal ingredients from the British Isles, crafted into classic and innovative dishes.
The train's chefs are happy to accommodate most dietary requirements but ask that these are stated at the time of booking to allow for essential preparation.
JOURNEYS & DESTINATIONS
All journeys aboard British Pullman depart from London Victoria station, with destinations across the United Kingdom.
Great British Day Trips include visits to historic cities such as Bath, Canterbury and Cambridge, or tours of heritage estates such as Sandringham, Blenheim Palace and Chatsworth House.
Weekend breaks to Devon and Cornwall are also scheduled each year, including overnight stays in the West Country’s top hotels. Shorter trips including afternoon teas, brunches and murder mystery journeys are highlights of the fine-dining journeys.
The signature journey aboard British Pullman is "The Golden Age of Travel". Guests are invited to celebrate in true 1920’s style, with a magnificent five-course lunch accompanied by wine and champagne as the train takes a leisurely circular tour of the British countryside.
- This is a guide itinerary and can be modified to suit. It is subject to availability and price at the time of booking. Other conditions may apply -
The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is T7077. We are a member of the Travel Trust Association U1373. Please see our booking conditions for more information. Hurlingham Travel® Hurlingham Travel Services® are registered trade marks of Hurlingham Travel Services Limited.
Website designed & powered by Hurlingham Travel